Freight Cars Return to Hollidaysburg Car Shop.
Right off the NS Mainline, our AAR M-1003 certified shop inspects, repairs and rebuilds Gondolas, Box Cars, Flat Cars and Open/Closed Hopper Cars. The shop can handle any size job from minor running repairs to large modifications. This includes AAR Rule 88 Inspections and AAR Gross Rail Increase Certifications.
The shop is outfitted with six 25-ton cranes with no limitation of headroom. Additionally, it has storage capabilities and access for additional rail space if needed, and it holds 12 cars — 95 in yard.
CRS Railcar Repair Division abilities include:
- Rule 88 Rebuilds
- Light Maintenance
- Wreck Repair
- Full Exterior Paint Facility
- Interior coating/lining
- Car Cleaning with non-toxic commodity
- Lite to major modification program work
- Rail car weighing capabilities
- Increase gross rail certifications