Curry Rail Services has moved into the-one time
Sam Rea Shops-Hollidaysburg Car Shop
The facility was originally opened by the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1956 as their Sam Rea Car Shops, which was later renamed to Hollidaysburg Car Shops after the creation of Conrail in 1976. It was the largest car repair facility on the Conrail system. Over the years, Hollidaysburg produced thousands of new and rebuilt freight cars before closing its doors in 2002. The old shop facility was later reopened as the DeGol Industrial Center.
CRS began full operation on August 4th, 2014 in our new location. Previously, our operation was in Curryville, PA. Expanding the manufacturing operation into the DeGol Industrial Center has provided CRS with more room to increase capacity and better serve our target markets. With direct rail access, CRS has expanded into freight car repair and freight car manufacturing. Since 2014, new additions to our facility have included two blast and paint lines and additional machinery to assist in our manufacturing areas.